sabato 3 ottobre 2015

To all the boys I loved-rewiew★★★★☆

I decided to write a review of this book because I finished it just now, at 6:52 P.M., and I loved it (I assume they are still sparkling for the end).
To all the boys I loved is a very recent book, 2014, Jenny Han, published by Piemme, which was recommended to me by Alice (the same blog that I had previously advised, https://alicethereader.blogspot.com) which I always recommend some good books, that if I saw on the shelves of the library surely never take into consideration. Anyway.
It is a love story, as you can imagine from the title, but I must say it is a generally a bit discostant compared to other romantic novels, such as those of Nicholas Sparks. Then, already it differs from the cover (where there is Lara Jean lying on the bed while she writes a love letter) that remained the original one. If you notice, the books of Sparks on the first original American editions depict always a couple that smile or something else, and this makes me feel very lonely and pushes me to go in search of the jar of Nutella at the bottom of the top drawer in the kitchen behind the biscuits to chocolate, while here there is a poor single with his little diary, and so this has put me in sympathy, because we have something in common.
(What then, explain me why all, and I tell all, of the original covers of the books are awesome and the Italian almost always do shit? Oh no, this is discrimination, huh. I expect that the covers remain the same, because then Italian publishers, and perhaps even the British, are thousands of other options and when you have to choose one for, say, the review on your blog, you find yourself having to make a selection from dozens of possibilities! And it's disarming. And then they ask me how I go out of my mind ...).
Jenny Han lives in Brooklyn, New York, where he attended the New School to obtain a master's degree in creative writing. He loves the series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the blueberry pie and long soks. With Piemme she has also published the trilogy Summer in your eyes.

Plot:
Lara Jean keeps her love letters in a hatbox.
No love letters that someone wrote for her, but what she wrote for every guy she fell in love, five in all. The last is called Josh, who is his best friend and, unfortunately, her sister's boyfriend. When she writes, Lara Jean puts her heart on the paper, telling things that would never dream of saying it out loud. Yet, one day, she discovers that all her love letters were mailed. And what is worse, received. Suddenly, her life becomes very complicated, but also much, much more interesting ...



"If people knew you,
Lara Jean,
They should love you. "

"Josh, you're breaking my heart.
You're a liar.
Because you know me, you know me better than anyone else,
and you do not love me "



Ok. Start by saying that I'm  v e r y  h a n g r y  of why it is the book ended. I wanted to throw it on the wall. But since it is on loan, I behaved well and I just smashed on the couch.
(No, Alice, if you're reading just kidding, is still intact)
The fact is that is what burns me still, and I know it will take just a rune to heal this burning (Shadowhunters, come to me!).
The narrator is internal, in fact she is just the protagonist, Lara Jean, who tells her story from her point of view only, without knowing anything about anything that happens outside of what they see or hear her. I have to say that generally this type of narrative is not my thing, indeed I do not like. Maybe that's why I did not like Fifty Shades of Grey. No, come on, no joking. I did not like it simply because it sucks. However I said, usually I do not like, but this time, yes, because it was very simple, light and nice.
I died laughing for several times, because the protagonist is chronic idiot. I particularly enjoyed the scene where two players of I-don't-remember-what friends Peter (one of the five boys she loved) slipped into the bed of the pickup 'cause she is small. I swear, for the absurdity of the situation I started to laugh in class (yes, I read in class, and I do well).
So I recommend it to girls, especially teenagers, because it's funny, and, for once, she falls at his feet. Yee!



laranakermit19



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento