domenica 6 settembre 2015

White as milk, red as blood-rewiew☻☻☻☻☺

Just I woke up in the morning and I find myself to writing reviews, and then GOOD MORNING!
The book of the day is White as milk, red as blood, the debut book by Alessandro D'Avenia, published in 2010 by Mondadori. It 'was made into a film, which I found very discostante from the literary work, released at cinema in 2013; while the book I liked enough, the film I was not excited at all.
It is a novel dramatic and sentimental at the same time, because it talks about death and love, with beautiful metaphors related to the color from which, in part, originated the title.
The dramatic novel is a genre that brings out the sadness, injustice, and that has not, as many believe, only a final negative, but the whole structure, the plot and even the characters are described so raw, real and negative.
The romance novel is like twin rose about love from the rooftops and that has already been described better in previous reviews.
Alessandro D'Avenia, the author, was born in 1977 in Palermo; later attended grammar school Vittorio Emanuele II in the city where he meets Father Pino Puglisi which was strongly influenced; so, in his books he is often found religious themes and linked to the destiny that God wants for each of us.

Plot:
Leo is sixteen, a guy who feels within himself the strength of a lion, but an enemy frightens him: the white. Instead the red is the color of love, passion and blood; Red is the color of the hair of Beatrice, the girl who is his dream. But when he finds out that she's sick, Leo will have to dig deep within himself and be reborn, to understand that dreams can not die ...




"Give me a scooter,
a bat-fifty,
and I will move the world. "

"Beatrice has leukemia,
and her tears became mine. "

"Envy burns your heart,
and that fire devours everything. "



The moment that I prefer more of a review I think it's when I look for the most beautiful phrases and significant history to be able to give a glimpse of the book that I am presenting, because every sentence I remember the precise moment of history in which it is said or thought, and this allows me to take a step back in time and retrace it all from start to finish.
The book is written in first person from Leo. This has enabled me to "enter" in him or Silvia (best friend) who is the same age, and to feel included in the history. It's compelling story that finishes reading in a day if you are caught in the spiral of events. The main theme is love that Leo tries to Beatrice, his dream, but also the affection that he always tries to Silvia. There is also the religious aspect of the story, in fact, God, fate and faith are always at the center of the unfolding of history. It 'a story plausible and recently, so that Leo lives in the home and outside is also what you can live a common teenager taken at random from a country at random.
It is an open reading to children and adults, but I did also read my grandfather last year and he liked it, so I think that a book very elastic that fits all ages; I would avoid but to offer it to children up to the sixth grade because I think they are not capable of dealing with the topics proposed and to understand them.
The language used is still very simple and basic, and do not need to be an expert in who knows what to read it, but it is a book that deserves to be read, for me. 
And I leave you with this thought,




Hello!
laranakermit19







Nessun commento:

Posta un commento