giovedì 22 ottobre 2015

The Host-rewiew★★★★★

Yes, The Host has five stars deserved!
Despite having read dozens of reviews of disgruntled readers of the new book by Stephenie Meyer, I liked this much more than the others, but I will explain later my hypothesis about the fact why The Host has not been successful as the previous and too famous vampire saga.
Published in May 2008 by the publishing house Rizzoli (it was the eponymous film five years later) is a science fiction novel. The sub-genre fiction differs from traditional fantasy for the fact that the first attempt to give explanations logical, rational and scientific to supernatural events that happen in the story, while the fantasy is like being in a dream: all that happens is considered normal, although there are characters like fairies, demons or something like characters.
Stephenie Meyer was born in 1970. She lives in Arizona with her husband and three children. Tetralogy on love between human Bella and vampire Edward, including Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, The second short life of Bree Tanner and Breaking Dawn, was an unheralded success, with millions of copies sold worldwide. The Host comes out in Italy in conjunction with the American edition.

Plot:
In a not too distant future, the human species is disappearing. Another race, alien, powerful and intelligent, has taken over, and the few remaining humans live hidden, they gathered in small communities of fugitives. Among them is Jared, the man that the young Melanie, recently fallen into the hands of "invaders", deeply loves, and can not forget. Even now that her body should be nothing more than an empty shell, a mere shell for the soul alien that has been assigned. Because the identity of Melanie, her memories, her emotions and feelings, the desire to meet again with Jared, are still too alive and burning to be canceled, so the alien Wanderer is found, quite unexpectedly, invaded by more human and upsetting feelings, love. And, driven by this new force and irresistible, accept, account every rule and every instinct of his species, to go in search of Jared. To get involved, along with obstinate, passionate Melanie, in the triangle love more impossible and paradoxical 'cause there are only two bodies but three souls.




"Human lives were tangled ties absurd.
What a mess."

"What made me prefer the love of humans
that of my species? "

"I did not know because I had desired
so desperately. "



My rewiew:
Then, I start first of all with explain my hypothesis: I think The Host was not very appreciated because many readers looked just for the author. I'll explain; I think many of those who have read the book thought it was a story like the Twilight saga, but being in front of something so different, better written, with periods and more complex sentences, they have closed the book in half or they have finished with effort. Why isn't similar to Twilght story (which, let's face it, was an immense banality), both for content and for the syntactic form. Okay, here too there is a love story, and also a love triangle, but are explained so differently than the vampire saga, that is right, that this "banality" of the typical romance takes a back seat and gradually loses importance except that in the end that has moments of spannung (tension) so beautiful and so strong that several times I found myself on the verge of tears before giving final.
So, I found myself in my trusty library and seeing The Host near the famous saga I thought:
-O My god, no ... another novel of Meyer ...-
And then I said:
-It's a child speak ill of something that you do not know. I try to read it, then it sucks like other maximum I won't finish it.-
But it did anything but crap. I swear, there were 567 pages, but I read it in five days, although I was still in school, and even then I read anyway, and with my trusty reader friend we read together during the English or mathematics explanitions, to dive in worlds created by Meyer or Stiefvater, that I've read only one book, but I'm going to undo the sin of my literary ignorance very soon (by the way, when I'm reading four books, but I would like to review as soon as possible Shadowhunters # 2 ).
The thing that I would like to tell you is what surprised me the fact that Meyer seems a thousand times more mature in this book and in the other he wrote, despite The Host has been published in the release of Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. That is, it is well written, and it is even more difficult than many other books, so much so that certain steps are ardue to read them to me several times, first to understand them. I think I enjoyed it more this novel because love isn't important in this story, are more present other values, such as the friendship. Then, of course, there is a love story and all that crap there, but much less than in Twilight & Co.
The only flaw that I must unfortunately "report" is the lack of bad luck; In fact, throughout history, almost anything goes wrong and everything runs smoothly. I'm not complaining, I like it when things are going well, roses and flowers, but in the long run is not realistic and risks of boring, but for me it did not happen with The Host. Now I only have to wait for Alice to read it!



Hello!
laranakermit19



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento