venerdì 23 ottobre 2015

Shadowhunters(#2)-rewiew★★★★☆

Oh my gosh.
Oh my gosh.
It's beautiful.
Really, really beautiful.
I think only now recovering to abide by the twists that take place in that book.
It's already been six days!
Now I'm reading City of Glass (I'm loving), the third in the series of Shadowhunters, preceded by City of Ashes, which I review today, and followed by City of Fallen Angels.
Ok.
I start that I do not want spoilers, and I hope I do not run away no anticipation, but I can not be sure. Read on at your own risk.
Note: I advise you not read the review if you still need to read the first because it is inevitable that, telling the facts, you ruin three quarters of City of Bones, and it is unfair, but take your pick. Enjoy the reading!
City of Ashes is the second of a long but in my opinion too short saga urban fantasy genre, published in 2008. On the cover there is Clary, the protagonist, overlooking the city of New York, where you set the fantasy. She radiates a kind of energy, but if you think it's all, you are mistaken. Shadowhunters is something else, it is much more. I am very grateful to Alice for introducing me this great saga, and this talented author, Cassandra Clare, who I've previously met in Magisterium, written in collaboration with her friend Holly Black, this beautiful. Moreover, a few days ago, I think Tuesday, October 20, was released the second book in the series of the Magisterium, which I look forward to reading and then review!

Plot:
Clary Fray wants only that someone would restore her old and normal life. But there is nothing normal in her life if she can see werewolves, vampires and other Hidden, if her mother is in a magically induced coma, and she turns out to be a Shadowhunter, a demon hunter. If Clary left the world behind the Hunters would have more time for Simon (maybe more than a friend, now). But is the world of hunters who are not willing to let go of her, especially Jace, her charming, touchy brother just found. For Clary the only way to save her mother is chasing Valentine, the hunter rebel, who is probably insane, certainly evil and also, unfortunately, her father. To complicate matters, in New York they multiply the murders of the boys of the Concealed. And the city becomes more and more dangerous, even for a Shadowhunter like Clary.



"I never felt I belonged to any place,
but you make me feel like there is a place for me. "

"You can close your eyes and think of prime numbers,
if you want."



My review:
I find that the City of Ashes has written a lot, but much better than the first book.
In the first the characters, good or bad, were just mentioned (but I can understand it, since it is the first book of a saga and the author, perhaps, he had to figure out how to structure the story and everything else) but in the second book the profile in physical part, but also psychological character is defined and formed. Here I began to love Jace and to hate Simon. I can not stand it, because he save himself constantly; a sword cuts off the head? He saved. Pierce the neck by the vampires? He already saved. Here, in this sense I would have preferred that Clare had put less of these twists about life or death of Simon and even more action, especially on the final battle, which could be extended to more pages and more detailed descriptions. But, despite this, it is still a wonderful book.
Then, for as long as it took me to read it, I loved the story frame that is the background of all, between Alec and Magnus, whose, in my opinion, are the perfect couple in every way. Well, after this I do not know what to say, except read it and fall in love with Clare. I think I was clear, and had not anticipated anything so blatant. Now I'm reading City of Glass (that will end in a day and I review soon) I realize that the author has improved time to time, book by book to excellence every time more.
Beautiful, hello!



laranakermit19



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento