mercoledì 7 ottobre 2015

Shadowhunters (#1)-rewiew★★★★☆

And now, late at night, my review of a book that I really liked, even though I thought it was not my kind of and I would not like: Shadowhunters-City of Bones (original american name The Mortal Instruments-City of Bones) the first of a long and (I know already) wonderful saga.
The saga, published between 2007 (the year of book's debut) and 2014, has enjoyed fantastic success in America and in Italy. It is such urban-fantasy, as the Twilight saga, because it is set in the present day and in today's society, in New York.
The author is Cassandra Clare (Judith Rumelt), born in Tehran in 1973, he is the author of fantasy novels. She lived in France, England and Switzerland before ten years old, then she settled in Los Angeles, completing his studies at the Windward School and then worked as a journalist.

Plot:
The Pandemonium Club in New York will make strange encounters. Following a fascinating blue-haired boy in the warehouse of the local, Clary sees three warriors covered with runes tattooed surround him and run him through with a sword crystal. She would like to call for help, but there remains no corpse, no drop of black blood exploded hilt and especially no one to blame, because the warriors are Shadowhunters, demon hunters, and no one but Clary, can see them.
Since that night her fate is linked increasingly to that of the young hunters, especially to the magnetic Jace one: powers that she never had and memories buried in her memory began to resurface as if someone had wanted hidden to her until then. Clary just want to find her mother mysteriously disappeared, but will be involved in a fierce battle for the Mortal Cup, a struggle that concerns a lot closer than she think...



"The child did not cry anymore,
and he did not forget what he had learned,
that love destroys
and to be loved means to be destroyed. "




My rewiew:
Now, if I'll tell you what I think of the book, I will ruin all the reading. So, in very exceptional cases, today will not do the card for personal reflection. I'm just saying, if the plot there seemed excessively long, or difficult to understand, console yourself, because the whole book is a complicated maze from which you can exit only find the end ...
(I put that cover because the edition wich I read was that, and it is the American one, that, needless to say, is beautiful)



laranakermit19



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento