mercoledì 30 settembre 2015

Memories of a Geisha-rewiew★★★★☆

Memories of a Geisha.
I think this is one of the most beautiful books about the East that I've ever read. Moves from front to back, fascinated from the cover to the  acknowledgments.
Published in 1997, it is a historical novel, as is the story of a geisha in Kyoto before and during the years of World War II (historical period, moreover, interested me very much).
Arthur Golden is the writer of this delightful opera; He was born in Chattanooga in 1956, with his debut novel introduced the world to a wonderful glimpse of the Japanese world, something really new for me, which is based on the life of a famous geisha, Mineko Iwasaki.
Golden was even denounced for putting her name in writing of this in the acknowledgments, and had to pay a large sum of money. The woman, however, will never be fully repaid for the emotional damage that this has caused the book, for which he also received death threats.

Plot:
Surrounded by a kind of mystery, geishas have always exercised on an almost irresistible with us. But who are in reality these women? All questions that elicit these legendary figures, Arthur Golden responded with a novel, deeply documented retaining the immediacy and excitement of a true story. What does being a geisha so we learn from the voice of Sayuri who tells his story: childhood, abduction, training, discipline-all events that, against the backdrop of Japan's 900, they conduct to become the most famous and sought geisha. A compelling and poignant novel, crowned by an extraordinary portrait of a lady and her unforgettable voice.



"Maybe you're a bit too beautiful
to be able to see the beauty elsewhere. "

"I do not like to see me offer
those who can not have. "

"Now I know that our world is so unstable
as a wave that rises
in the ocean. "



Oh! Finally I went back to review.
I missed that so much.
And I decided to continue with this book, cabbage, took me right away.
Meanwhile, until I saw how old he was the author, I would have given the years that he finds himself, because as written, looks like a young man, not a man of his age, which, let's face it, is no longer the flower of the age. Truly, his writing is fluent, although it is not an argument in itself easy to deal with so much light, as it does here, instead.
I liked above all because the East has always fascinated me since and, knowing how little, are "pushed" to read books about this beautiful continent, the continent of mystery. Then, of course, I was fascinated to discover so many things about the geishas, ​​who before did not even know; I tell you, the book I liked it so much I wanted to see the movie right away (which, needless to say, is a real shit, but if you have not read the book you will love the same).
I gave it four stars out of five because the final part (say the last quarter of the book) was heavy to read, and even a bit unsettling, because a lot of things happen in a short time and then the pace you had taken during the first three quarters of the book is upset, and really do not understand almost anything, so it's better to say that you understand everything a double take.
I think that the writer wanted to put a twist on the final, but failed to make it well, it seemed like it happened a fact like any other, in fact, after this the story continues as normal as if nothing had happened. Here, the only reason I gave it four stars, but the book really deserves to be read.
Again, a wonderful window of opportunity on Japan, who fall in love.




laranakermit19




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento