mercoledì 2 settembre 2015

The truth about the Harry Quebert Affair-rewiew☻☻☻☻☺

Hello guys!
The book of today is The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair, Joel Dicker.
Published in 2012 by the French publishing house Editions de Fallois, in the Italian was edited by Bompiani, just a year later, in May of 2013.
The story, 770 pages, is a whodunit, mangling the English phrase Who done it? (Who did it?). This genre is the most traditional type one: a detective trying to solve a case, starting from a few clues and red herrings.
Dicker was born in Geneva in 1985, and the novel in question is his second. The first, Les derniers jours de nos pères (The last days of our fathers) was awarded the Prix des écrivains genevois in 2010, while The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair won the Grand Prix du Roman de l'Académie Française in 2012 and the Prix Goncourt des lycéens 2012.

Plot:
On 30 August 1975 it was committed the murder of Nola Kellergan, 15 year old. The body wasn't found.
Thirty-three years later, in the garden of the house of Harry Quebert, Goose Cove, Aurora, it turns out the body of the girl. Harry's friend, Marcus Goldman, convinced that comrade is innocent, decide to clear him from accusations putting to investigate on their own on the case Kellergan.





"The victory is within you, Marcus, you'll just help it out."

"You have to box as you type, you must write as you box."

"Marcus, the last chapter of a book must be the most beautiful."

Harry Quebert
(Joel Dicker, La verite sur l'affaire Harry Quebert)




Well, for me reading the book was really sliding, because the French-Italian translation is done very well and there are no hitches or recurrent expressions French, which usually can't stand.
I read about two hundred pages every day, because I could not tear myself away and I wanted to find out just how the story ended and who the culprit was. Moreover, the book, with its red herrings and twists scandalous involved me from start to finish; I tell you, do not be scared by the amount of the work, you can not judge by its cover, and, in any case, is not how many pages are that make the difference, but it is how much attention (and sometimes also commitment) it takes to read it.
Once the story has taken you, I assure you wont want to get it out.
The moral of the story is that there is something rotten in all things, even in the streets of a quiet town like Aurora (New Hampshire), and that when something seems obvious, the end is not so obvious.
I liked the fact that the descriptions of the characters and the places were done very well and in detail, and this has allowed me to go deeper into history imagining every room, every house and every person who came to Aurora named in the book.
I think it's a book that truly deserves to be read and the fact that it is not a tale trash, that laws and then do not remember anything and forget it in the depths of memory, that they might know the French literature and its authors.
So, I recommend it, especially since a minimum of culture more never hurts, and because, if it pleased me that I'm usually very selective about the whodunit, it means that really worth looking over.
Now, I don't say that it should to like it at all, but I can engage most readers that I know, and that's why I've reviewed. If you read it or you want to read comment and tell me your impressions or questions, you are all welcome!






Bye,
Maryanna




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento