venerdì 4 settembre 2015

The notebook-rewiew☻☻☻☺☺

Hello everyone.
The book of today is The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks, which it was made a film adaptation, with the same title.
In Italy the literary work was published in 1996 by the publisher Frassinelli.
It is a different kind than the book reviewed yesterday (for which you do not remember or do not know on the blog you can find the review of The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair); This is, in fact, a romance novel, as you can at least partly be deduced from the title.
For readers more inexperienced, or those who have a sudden lapse of memory, the romance is a genre aimed mainly at women, or the most romantic and dreamer of the happy ending, precisely because it is the kind of love stories and the plots of passion, which often has a fairy-tale structure. The characters are (usually) the girl in danger and hopelessly in love with the boy, the boy loved and "hero" who saves the damsel from any danger and the antagonist, male or female who voluntarily or involuntarily hinders the love between the two .
Well, after that any explanation must to be able to figure out something to the whole matter, I think it's time to introduce you to the author (and if you do not know at least something about him is a serious gap of ignorance, but I'll try to repair).
Nicholas Sparks was born in Nebraska in 1965 by professor father and housewife mother and studied at the University of Notre Dame. From an early age he was educated to Catholicism, which has weighed heavily on his writing career; among the recurring themes of his books in fact we find spirituality, fate and faith, incurred in the course of the facts of history. Sparks also wrote a book ever published, The passing in 1985, while he was still a student.

Plot:
New Bern (North Carolina), 1946: Noah, returned from service in the war, realizes his dream ever to live in the big house near the river. The perfection of the picture, however, is missing Allie, a girl he met in the course of a summer and never forgotten.
One day she reappears, to be able to say goodbye forever.
But fate decided otherwise ...




"Persuasive appeals to me among the vapors of twilight
I abandon myself in the air, I shake the gray locks
toward the sun fleeting ... "

"The car pulled away, and she took away his heart."

"No man
drowning
will never know
which drop of water
will end
his breath."



Ok, it's time the final reflections, and I do not think even a smart, but I will make an effort.
I state that the book I liked it, so start talking about the positive aspects that I found reading it.
First of all I was pleased that there were long and recurring flashbacks or flashbacks dating back to October 1946 (these are part of the notebook, in fact the 'notebook', a senior [Noah], which reads his notes of the days of that year to a patient hospitalized in the same nursing home, which is suffering from Alzheimer's), because they have created a "story within the story" and have a "frame" that acted as background and linking all other elements of the story.
I liked that this book Sparks managed to move me right on the last page, as I thought that for once he would have done so and I could have won.
Then, the frankness with which the author talks about certain topics such as the problems of life, fate, love and many other really makes me feel good, because, for once, the story does not know from the start how it goes to finish, but you netting, and all the security that you had, in a second, reading his books, disappear. The fact of knowing how to deal frankly and positively a terrible disease like Alzheimer's in a book he read in many think is a sign of great maturity and experience in terms of literature, and that is why recently I still read his books and below them there that I review here.
However, what I did not like, not being a romantic person, it is the basic story. Removed the little words, quotes, etc., etc., is the skeleton of the story.
For skeleton means the essential or basic structure of the story; in this case a boy meets a girl, you know, love each other, then she walks away without specifying the reason and one day return to clarify. It 'very simple in itself, when you think, but it's the way it is told that changes the weight and speed of reading.
One of my high school teacher used to say during his Italian lessons, we boys, let alone her, we were not able to say if a book was bad, or if sucked, a term that in the classroom is often use, because we were not critical or important people that someone would listen. I am here to listen to me on what I have to say about the books I read and that, the premise that I do not dare say no book that sucks, there are different quality levels, as there are books that will be remembered for decades and books that will make the boom of gains and editions published in a few years but not more cagherà anyone.
And I think Nicholas Sparks has the potential. I'm here to support the authors that I think should be known more.
That's all.




Bye,
Maryanna




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento