domenica 13 settembre 2015

New Moon-rewiew★☆☆☆☆

Good morning!
Here we are at the second book in the vampire saga, New Moon.
The book (published in Italy in 2007, a year after the first original edition) contains 446 pages about the result of the love story between vampire Edward and Bella. It's therefore always the kind of paranormal romance (even more, because the love of the protagonist will extend to a love triangle with a werewolf).
We introduce new characters antagonists: while in Twilight "bad" were James, Lauren and the dreaded Victoria now, in the second volume, the place is mostly occupied by the Volturi, the vampire family older and powerful in the world created by Stephenie Meyer .
The cover (which, as I recall, has a meaning) is not chosen directly by the author, but the graphics, which are specifically chosen a tulip whose petals are falling, a symbol of the loss that Bella faces in the book. The small petal that has already disconnected is the drop of blood that she lost at the beginning of the story.
The author is the same in all five volumes of the saga, so the description I have included in the first review (see: Twilight-review **) and stays there; if you are interested you can just scroll down and read the profile of Meyer.

Plot:
During the celebration of her eighteenth birthday Beautiful, by mistake, she cuts a finger with a gift card, sparking the thirst of Jasper, not yet able to stand the smell of blood as brothers. Edward understands well that she and her family are a danger to Bella, and convinces them to go away from Forks, leaving the little girl and false explanations of the decision already taken.
Cause a severe depression after a few months Bella gets out largely by this suffering with the help of Jakob Black, who has turned out to be a werewolf, the natural enemy of vampires. The girl turns out that, at the risk of his life manages to have visual and auditory hallucinations of Edward very realistic; So one day, he decides to commit suicide by jumping off a cliff. In desperation, believing that Bella is dead, the vampire decides to travel to Volterra, in order to be killed by the Volturi.



"The fault that I crossed the chest torn,
and the pain I gasped. "

"His eyes were only for Alice.
She joined him in haste; They not embraced
like all the other couples present.
They stood looking at each other,
with an intensity so intimate
to force me to turn around. "

"I could see it.
But he could not see me. "




*** SPOILER ALERT ***
*
*
*
*
What struck me most about the book was not so much the story as the final: Bella forgives Edward in two seconds (that left nearly dead, as well as depressing).
Now, dear Stephenie Meyer, I do not think that to forgive someone who has left brutally yourself for six months without being heard and not having the slightest intention to come back to you is so easy, even if the excuse is to tacky and stupid "I do it for your own good." If I were Bella Swan I would have to sweat for a while 'before you give him the word. Come on, it is a final absurdity that is neither in heaven nor on earth.
But it is not the only reason why I gave one star; (specifically that it is a vote other than that of Fifty Shades of Grey. At the novel by E.L.James I gave one star because I can not give zero, but the thought is still that it is a book that deserves nothing, while New Moon deserves a read, at least to teenagers) the reason for my vote is also the creativity of the basic theme of the story, or the love that Bella still feels for him despite having made to suffer like a dog (sorry, like a bitch) and the fact that after she follows him like a dog wherever he goes because "I fear that if we were away for too long he could go back away from me". Following this thought Bella will not let him go away, but rather obliges him to stay with her all night, even though he does not sleep and maybe have more interesting things to do, and the next day would not even let him go home to change for a school day.
Tell me if you can.
When I read this part I found myself asking: "But that shit is a fucking book?". And at the end I realized that, in fact, it is a shit, and I will not repeat the experience of reading a book of this saga; indeed, perhaps the last, which is the one in which, at least in part, Bella is redeemed from his position "infatuated girl who can not do anything without Edward" of which the weight is carried by the incredible amount of time to three books and a half.




Deeply disappointed,
laranakermit19




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento