domenica 6 settembre 2015

The curios incident of the dog in the night-time-rewiew☻☻☺☺☺

Well, with this book we arrived (already) at the fifth review of the month.
I hope to reach more and more reviews, and with your support I know I'll make it.
The curious incident of the dog in the night-time is the title of the book rewiewed.
Published by Einaudi in 2003, he won the Whitbread prize for best book of the year in England. It is a mystery novel during the first part (while Christopher tries to solve the case of Wellington), but is primarily a Bildungsroman, from cover to cover (as is Christopher, autistic boy).
A Buildungsroman (from the German building + novel) is a literary genre that concerns the evolution of the main character during the course of the story to maturity. It's a genre that promotes, especially nowadays, the narration of emotions, feelings and projects born from the inside of the protagonist.
The author of this work is Mark Haddon; born in England in 1963, he wrote and illustrated fifteen books for children and has also worked for television and radio. His best known book in Italy is precisely The curious incident of the dog in the night-time, whose rights have already been bought by Warner Bros for the preparation of a film, already released in theaters in 2014.



Plot:
This is a thriller unlike any other, because the investigator is Christopher, a fifteen year old boy who suffers from Asperger's syndrome (1), and therefore has a problematic relationship with the world.
He understands all of mathematics and nothing humans.
He hates yellow and brown, but loves red.
He never went further than the shop around the corner, but when he discovers the corpse of Wellington, the dog of Mrs. Shears, begins an investigation to Sherlock Holmes, who will change his life.




"People confuse me, because often speaks without words
or using of metaphors. "

"An innocent lie is not really a lie.
It is when you tell the truth but not the way it is said. "

"There are many mysteries in life.
But that does not mean that there are no answers to these mysteries. "



I found reading this book as "recommended reading" for summer school (in the language of the professors translated means "Either the law or the laws"), so it was not a spontaneous reading, the kind that if you finish reading and at the end you did not like you will take all the blame and admit you were wrong to choose that book, in a nutshell, it sticks. But no, it has been a professor to advise you (or, in my case, a teacher) must also detain to insult he or she for I wasted two days (and I say two !!) to read a book (of which for sure you will have to speak in front of the class mates and I bet 1000 x thousand that I will not remember anything of what I read because the story I slipped to me) that could do very well without. Two days that you could spend doing something more constructive, such as do the four designs of which you forgot and you have to recover in three weeks, maybe even less, or simply take a walk with the dog, which, who knows, by references years and years.
Anyway. It was not a book so terrible, I admit. And 'almost cute, subjectively.
But, in my opinion, is not a book to be recommended as a summer reading; first because the story of an autistic boy, as moving and touching, you can not expect all teenagers interests of a class of ninth grade that a little do not even know what autism.
Second, knowing that not many people read frequently or have an advanced vocabulary and a dictionary varied, not the best, since it is a work of a fairly high level, which contains reflections sometimes difficult to follow and not just the usual terms and used.
Third and final point (and then I start with the goods considerations), the final I was not excited. 'Cause I'm not a spoiler-girl, however, I do not tell you how it ends and I leave to you to discover!

What I liked about the story is the story, because in its simplicity and in its vision, so to speak, "different", is a really nice plot and consequently a beautiful swing. The fact that Christopher, then, want at all costs to find out who killed the dog Wellington is, for me, something really tender, from which everyone should take example.
Last thing, then I leave because I kept attached to the screen enough, I was pleasantly surprised by how the author Mark Haddon is managed with a few pages (there are 247, if you count the appendix) to make me better understand the world of those who have seen and pointed out as "different" or "special", but that, for me, simply have a different view of their surroundings.
It is they who often show us to have a bigger heart than ours.



And I leave you with this pearl,
laranakermit19

(1): SHORT TO SA IT'S DISORDER NEAR AUTISM PRESENTING A COMPROMISE OF SOCIAL INTERACTION,REPETITIVE AND STEREOTYPED, PATTERNS OF BEHAVIOR, ACTIVITY AND INTEREST MAY HAVE VERY TIGHT. FROM AUTISM DIFFERENTLY CLASSIC PRESENTS NOT DELAY IN LANGUAGE AND COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT.






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento