lunedì 14 settembre 2015

Me before You-rewiew★★★★☆

Hello everyone!
Yesterday, having gone to Venice to Peggy's Guggenheim Collection, I have not had time to connect to the Internet and write a review, but I had more than enough time while traveling roundtrip to finish a book of which I had already mentioned something, Me before you by Jojo Moyes.
The book was published by Mondadori in 2012, so it is a recent book that only in recent years I found in the library, where I got it. At first it inspired me, the plot is located in "wings" or "flaps" it is not at all exciting, but since I have already read almost half the library and I have left in essence are the theological texts, I decided to take this and immerse myself in reading, hoping to have something to tell my trusted readers on the blog. And, actually, I have a lot to tell, but before the technical part.
This is a young adults, a book for teenagers but also adults who want to try reading something new and more challenging than the morning paper.
The author and Jojo Moyes (specifically that it is a woman, because I also thought it was the beginning of the opposite sex), born and raised in London. Writer and journalist, he worked for ten years at the Independent before turning to writing. Currently it is a of the most successful writers in England.
His novels have always topped the charts and successful history between critics and audiences. I before you is the book most votes in the history of "Richard and Judy Book Club" (which I recommend you visit).
The author currently lives in Essex with her husband and three children.

Plot:
At twenty-six Louisa Clark knows exactly how many steps there are between the bus stop and home. Know she likes to be a waitress in a local unpretentious in the small resort town where she was born and from which it never move, and probably, deep in his heart, he also knows that it is not really in love with Patrick, the boy which he is engaged for almost seven years. What we do not know is who is going to lose their jobs and who, for the first time, all his certainties are questioned.
At thirty-five, Will Traynor knows the terrible accident of which he was the victim took his will to live. He knows that nothing can be as before, and knows exactly how to end this suffering. What we do not know is that Lou is going to burst powerfully in his life bringing with it an explosion of youth, extravagance and colorful clothes.



"We can only help those who want to be helped."

"I want him alive.
But I want him to live if he want it.
If not, if we force him to keep going,
no matter how much we love him:
become only the other assholes that prevent him from making his choices. "

"The world has shrunk to me and him."



Despite the sentences that you can read above, the book is not at all mushy or overly romantic, in fact I really liked because it is spread over a sarcastic and biting a man who believes no longer have anything in the world to live .
Although he has written that it is a kind young adults (and is not) I am still quite convinced it is, from a certain point of view, an argumentative text; book reports, on paper, a discussion that has long gets criticism, positive and negative. It is the fact that you can decide to leave, to ethics, to a terminally ill patient conscious, or a person with no chance to recover from trauma resulting from accidents, suicide, with the consent of the people close to end their suffering. In the story there are two contrasting parts of the protagonist: the part that loves Will and would not want to let it go and so is opposed to leaving him to kill, and the part that is manifested in the last part of the book of knowledge of what Will proof of what can no longer do and what he can not accept.
The characters, the more in view of the history, have their own thesis on the topic. For example, the mother of Louisa knows that would never leave but instead would be opposed with all his strength to this practice, because, he says, help someone kill himself, albeit for his own good, it is to be considered as a murder. Nathan, however, the medical assistant of Will says the phrase that I quoted earlier, that if a person can not do it over and know that it'll never make it, it's just that it can have the right to choose to get better, albeit with death.
The book is then, through a story, but it could also be true, this great question: right or not right? A sensitive issue that is not yet exhausted, but on the contrary, is treated in a gentle, human with its errors and mistakes, but also with heroism and selflessness. A book that made me cry for the last thirty pages so much that I had swollen eyes and thick with tears and I treated everyone badly because of my deep involvement in history; I assure you, the end will not be able to detach yourself from the pages, you'll have to finish it completely and the end, but now will not surprise you because deep down you've already figured out the review, it will move you.
A book suitable for all adolescents, especially for the most serious and curious, but also for adults, a gift that certainly will remain engraved in people who will read it, as it happened to me. Let us take you to the bottom of history, not so much for the things that happen to us, but more for the message loud and deep giving.
I do not regret ever having read it.
A sad story.
But maybe not.



laranakermit19



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento